Why and How Should We Exercise?
Put “USE IT or LOSE IT” to work for us so to live a long happy life
Hi! Dear Life Enthusiasts,
Hi! Dr. Lin is back here. Let’s be together and hand in hand to roll onward and work hard to materialize our deserved dream to live a long, happy life. That is our common dream!.
The matters of “Eat and move” are the 2 key pillars of the 5-point Universal Healthy Lifestyle, which is the forever magic tool to surely power our body into the high hope to live a long happy life.
We have discussed on “What and how should we eat?”, which assures us to gain and absorb right nutrients into the body. Now is the time to talk about how we can distribute these absorbed nutrients to all tissues and organs. Undoubtedly, we rely on maintaining a free-flowing circulation. Physical exercise is the only natural means to accomplish this physiological duty.
The following discussions depict important points pertaining to Why and How We Should Exercise:
- How to Be Ready to Adventure Our Life?
- What Should We Do Next?
- Why Do We Need to Exercise?
- How Do We Exercise for Best Results?
How to Be Ready to Adventure Our Life?
Though locale changes and time moves, the magic tool to assure us to live a long happy life has remained the same. Forever, timeless, and unchanged; that is Universal Healthy Lifestyle:
- Eat, enjoy, and control the foods and drinks, and don’t let foods and drinks control us.
- Practice quality mental and physical exercises every single day, but avoid any forms of overindulgence and obsession.
- Sleep well and sound for at least 6-8 hours every single day, but preferably at night.
- Meditate to reinforce spiritual and physical connection, and pray if religious.
- Follow currently available reasonable, realistic medical advice as needed.
These high FIVEs will surely guarantee all willing persons to have the best possible chance to live a longer, happier life. So, practicing these will make us ready to materialize our deserved dream living a long happy life.
What Is Next?
After identifying the right ideas and right tools as stated above, all would still be useless until we are willing and able to translate them into actions and become a part of our life.
What are the required actions? They are MOVE and EXERCISE, which help maintain the best possible free-flowing circulation to all tissues and organs.
If the most desired free-flow circulation can be maintained and sustained, we will naturally become healthier than ever. As a result, we gain more energy and ability to carry out all the chores and tasks of daily living for survival, growth, and live on.
Remember: There is no other better way for a healthier life, no one can do for us, and there is no free meal in life. So, just set aside 5-10 minutes for physical exercise 2-4 times a day during your daily activities. That is all you need to do.
Why Do We Need to Exercise?
At this very moment, you should gain some clearer sense of why we need to exercise after the above explanation. It is because only a free-flow circulation can help and maintain an adequate distribution of the absorbed nutrients to all tissues and organs.
To live well, we have to respect one of the very important facts of life, that is, “USE IT or LOSE IT”.
At birth, almost every one of us is given all needed tissues and organs. To unfold our life for survival, growth, and continuation of a long happy life.
To fulfill this dream, as a definitive believer of “USE IT or LOSE IT”, I urge every each of us to partake. Intentionally move and exercise all the joints from the neck down to the feet. Within their acceptable range of motion on the 2-4 times scheduled for 5-10 minutes exercise. Then, I guarantee all the tissues, tendons, ligaments, and muscles holding the joints will loosen up. And pump the circulation in and out there, and maintain a better circulation to all parts of the body…
So, don’t sit laxly and still, but move and move regularly and mindfully.
How Do We Exercise?
Some people may feel insulted for being asked: “How Do We Exercise?” Such a feeling is understandable since we have been moving around or participating in various outdoor activities since birth. However, many fail to get the benefits that exercise is supposed to bring.
Why? It is because there are many social distractions to hamper our determination to carry out Universal Healthy Lifestyle. As a result, all that we do is under the pressure of external social coercion so to conform with what political correctness and commercialism want us to do.
To balance the one-sided pressure, we ought to stress the importance of internal strength generation and expression. This assures we have enough energy and ability to do whatever we have to do at a reasonable time in a reasonable way under the circumstance.
Hence, it is reasonable to remind us of the following 6 points for our benefits from EXERCISE as follows:
So, keep things simple and move mindfully with the following suggestions:
- Mindset: Gear up to accept the mindset of Use it or lose it!”, and “No one can do for us but ourselves.”.This is very important because our social atmosphere victimize many of us to believe there is some magic out there. In fact, the magic never exists.
- Attitude: Use exercise as the way to reinforce mental and physical reconnection. How? Exercise mindfully to habitually lock out those annoying social distractions out of our mind. That is determination and persistence.
- Techniques: Gently and actively move all the joints from the neck to the toes within their acceptable range of motion to all possible imaginable direction for 5-10 times on a schedule of 2-4 times every single day. Of course, start out with one, two, or three times and gradually increase the times you can tolerate at the time.
- Where? Consider daily moving around for personal and occupational chores and tasks as the time of exercising, such as less taking elevators and more walking hallway, stairways, and parking lots if any possible. Largely all these spaces and activities are free for us. At the same time, these activities during daily personal and occupational chores and tasks automatically forge a higher level of productivity.Of course, we may join the supervised exercise groups like those in local YMCA and commercial gymnastic facility/clubs, which may deliver their inherent merits like peers’ nudging motivation, but come with a price of time and money. And that is okay as long as you have time and money to spare without a need to tighten our time and pockets.For myself, I have made my body mentally and physically exercised as described during daily living at work. At home, I do additional regular exercises to move around my neck, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, spine, back, chest, abdomen, pelvis, hips, knees, ankles, toes to reach their range of motion fitting my personal need and ability for 5-10 minutes 2-4 times every single day. So, I’m still nimble and swift in conducting daily personal and professional jobs with a high degree of independence and productivity, and less burden to others.
And Also Consider:
5. Gadgets and Equipment: Nowadays, indoor or outdoor exercise set-ups abound gearing up to serve the high demand for political correctness and commercialism. In addition, various kinds of gadgets have been designed to target specific parts or muscles of the body like those for arms, fingers, chest, abdomen, waist, buttocks, thighs, legs, etc.
Despite having such an abundance of devices, tools, and gadgets, they do not move for us, instead we should move them. For many of us, we buy them with a good intention to use them in our favors, but not last lone. So we only get excited to move around something new to satisfy our curiosity at the beginning, then we stop using them and leave them untouched for a long time.
Of note, make sure we use them to exercise ourselves in the right recommended way so to minimize and avoid unwanted incident or injury to muscles or joints from their misuse.
- Position: Exercise can be done in a sitting, standing, squatting, or lying position to suit your momentary and situation need.
Caution and Precaution
Watch for safety. Remember, nothing is free or perfect, and everything comes with its price. Let common sense and currently available knowledge dictate our decision-making and action-taking to benefit our lives.
Don’t overdo it. If any doubt comes to mind, talk with any knowledgeable trustworthy persons or consult with professionals. But still remember, don’t let political correctness and commercialism fuzz up our minds and mislead us. As well, don’t let the desire for what you like as imposed by political correctness and commercialism in overdrive overtake what you really need. In principle, get what we need first before what we like. Because most of what we like are not what we need.
All willing persons are guaranteed to see their own slowly but surely progressive improvement in mental and physical composure or fitness become a reality. They may be surprised to notice how they become more capable to get what they like, love, want, and need from what they do in daily life and living.
Keep in Mind
As the unguarded public, we have been constantly bombarded and hypnotized by tons and tons of exciting news from all sorts of media about what the miraculous discoveries in physical and mental fitness from guru and industries. Although we have got used to hear something being best, perfect, excellent, cured, guaranty, free, in reality, the scenarios to fit these exciting descriptive words are extremely rare, almost never, yet at best, just reasonable and conditional to meet life reality.
Bottom Line and Success of Living
Regardless of what we do, we can proudly and confidently proclaim our success in living an active vibrant life is doable. From what we do as described above, we can surely capture and secure the sense of comfort and control. Then we can reach an admirably high level of functionality, productivity, and independence, but leave no or little burden to others. That is the success of living.
So, we can be the winners of daily living. But don’t forget to share our achievement with other. So we, together, can build a circle of Worldwide Online Community to March for Long Happy Life for All. And we’re helping each other and we’re great. Why not?
Trust me, there is absolutely no such a miracle around. But if any, the healthy lifestyle, that we have been talking about, should be the very core foundation of health medical care as well as the key and magic to longevity and happiness.
There’s no easy way out although political correctness and commercialism have misled most of us to believe there is such a thing of being best, excellent, perfect, free, cured, guaranteed ….
Best wishes to your health and happiness as the winners of daily Resolve to live a long happy life.
Finally, we would like you to
- Leave positive comments so to help others if you like what you read.
- Share this article and other health-related articles in this site with your family and friends on social media.
- Sign up for our FREE monthly eNewsLetter for Healthy Living by Dr. Lin. To stay abreast of what you need to do to fulfill your desire to look nicer/younger, feel better, and live longer.