Most of men will experience some trouble in initiating and/or sustaining an erection for completing a sexual intercourse along their life path. Such occurrence is called erectile dysfunction or ED. Upon its emergence, the affected men are oftentimes dismayed and puzzled, and they are usually very eager to know if there are the natural remedies for erectile dysfunction.
What is natural remedy? Generally, under the guidance of common sense, we tend to consider all options of care without prescribed drugs or surgery as natural remedies.With this in mind, let us focus on what we can do for ED “naturally”.
Before digging into how to treat erectile dysfunction, logically, we have to figure out what are the underlying causes for ED first. Fundamentally, aging is its chief culprit although this statement is not what people want to hear and what the doctors hesitate to tell these affected men with ED so to serve the high demand of political correctness and….
Known to us, all life events or diseases always bear the following features:
- a process of lifelong making on its one-way street of development, evolution, and progression;
- a result from multiple factors;
- an expression on their unique patterns of full spectrum;
- denial at the outset, puzzle to follow, and seeking care until accumulating enough amount of frustration and suffering.
What are the causes for ED? Why are we seeking for its causes?
Of course, we want to effectively help restore the ability to achieve an erection for intercourse if possible, but before such care, we have to know what may cause it. As stated, ED, like any disease, always results from multiple factors. Then its potential treatment can be provided in the way attesting that the doctors have never cured anything for anyone, but merely help the affected men with ED understand and modify something to some degree for reasonable patients with/without medications and/or surgery/procedures at a reasonable time in a reasonable way. All the implicated factors contribute their own weight and role in developing ED in individual patients. For the convenience and easiness of explaining, its causes are categorized as follows:
- Organic or physical causes are:
- impaired blood supply to the penis by obstructed blood vessels to the penis from atherosclerosis or unintended damage by surgery like radical prostate or bladder surgery for cancer;
- impaired nerve regulation to the penis by various nerve diseases like disease-related diabetic neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, or injury-related nerve damage like spinal cord injury, surgery, or accidents, etc.;
- diseases like diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis;
- medications, notably those for hypertension like diuretics, nerve-blockers, and those affecting central nerve system such as antidepressants, opioid-related pain killer,
- psychological causes: anxiety and fear for failure under various environments.
- Mixed causes from the above both since how we behave is always the ending expression of momentary interaction between our mind and body.
Then what are the natural remedies for erectile dysfunctions?
#1 Quality healthy lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession, which is the sure means to maintain and sustain mental and physical health, from which we gain adequate energy and ability to manage all relationships in life.
# 2 Any naturally accessible materials, usually herbs, which may modify and help improve the process of achieving and maintain erection to a degree provided the functional deficiency in erection is mild within the limit that the natural remedies can boost. That is why the patients with ED may see some improvement in erectile function after taking them. In the market, many brands of natural remedies are around, but their ingredients have been about the same or similar including multiple vitamins-notably with vitamin D, minerals notably with zinc, yohimbine, ginseng, some traditional well-known aphrodisiacs used in many cultures like Horny Goat Weed, Muira Puama (Herbal Viagra), and MACA, etc.
# 3 Prescribed medication: If the above steps are not sufficient to help improve erection, multiple kinds of prescribed drugs are available such as Viagra, Levitra, or Cialis, which belong to the group of PDE-5 inhibitors with a similar mechanism. The patients with ED may try and see under professional watch and monitoring so to assure safety without significant adverse effects.
# 4 Penile implant or prosthesis: After prescribed medications, further care options for erectile dysfunction are penile self-injection of vascular dilating agents into the penis, self-administration of alprostadil to the urethra, application of penile vacuum pump, and finally implantation of penile prosthesis as the last resort of care for ED.
Now we complete the overview of natural care options to treat ED without prescribed medications and surgery. But as always, we still have to exercise precaution with care and responsibility no matter what and how natural remedies may be as follows:
- Take it at its recommended dose and timing. But, for the best possible effects, take it only after adequate mental and physical rest and recovery as described in http://formefirst.com/PDE5use.html.
- If any possible, take it after a professional evaluation and counseling and under professional supervision, especially those with high blood pressure (hypertension) and/or coronary arterial disease.
To reach an adequate care for ED, please take time to peruse the articles listed in Sex Life and Erectile Dysfunction on http://formefirst.com/onSexLife-ED-CareOptions.html. In addition, further on how to treat erectile dysfunction are detailed in the book, titled Perfect Sex for men and for the women who love them
If you like the information I provided here, share it with your family and friends. As well, I welcome your input and critics so I can do and write better to benefit more people in the world. My email is realinct2002@ yahoo.com and my cell phone is 734-846-2699. For personal matters, contact me and I can help.
Let’s Hear From You
After reading this article, please leave a positive comment if you feel its contents is useful to help you to take the most reasonable options of care for erectile dysfunction. As well, please share the information on social media with your family and friends who you care and love.
Also, do not forget to sign up for the FREE monthly eNewsLetter – Men’s Sex Health, authored by Dr. Lin to help maintain good health with energy and ability as good as possible for a long active vibrant life ahead of you.
Of course, if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach me at 734-846-2699 or email@example.com. Further, if needing more help/support? You may set up a private personal counseling so to decide what would be most reasonable for you. Doing so will ease your unnecessary anxiety and fear. Don’t you like that? I am ready for you.
James Chin-Ti Lin, M.D.
Certified urologist, award-winning author, and founder of www.ForMeFirst.com and www.sick-ask.com