Introduction and Overview on Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Today we will look at the natural remedies for erectile dysfunction. We will look at the subject from a historical perspective. And to get the best results from the use of natural remedies.
We always like to have a good performance in whatever we do. In other words, we can equate good performance to good result to meet what we like, love, want, and need at the time in the location under the circumstance.
This process of life reality has its following common features:
- always a result from multiple factors – mental and physical states + emotional well-being;
- always a process of its lifelong one-way street making;
- always still hides something we do not know;
- always cannot cure, but just modify something to some degree;
- always has a better result if we correctly modify something at its early state, that is, still modifiable.
Similarly, the above features hold true for sexual performance.
Generally speaking, men’s energy and ability peak out and down after age 30. The speed of such expected decline widely varies reflecting personal genetic factors and lifestyle. That is why the importance of healthy lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession cannot be over-stressed.
In short, the combining effects of natural aging, mental and physical illness, emotional well-being, many external reasons like drugs, injury, trauma, etc. will take their toll to affect men’s sexual performance.
At the early phase of declining sexual ability, men usually, wonder, wait and see. They would not go to seek medical attention until the burden of personal inconvenience and embarrassment piles up high enough to affect their life especially personal intimacy with partners.
What Should Men Who Face the Issues of ED as Described Above Do?
I highly recommend you do the following:
- understand and accept the facts of life and ED as much as possible;
- explore how to take care of ED;
- find out how to properly diagnose their ED;
- explore the causes for their ED;
- sort out how to treat their ED.
What Have We Done for ED Historically?
The course of care for ED starts out with understanding the facts of ED to behavioral modification to boost performance to trying natural remedies. For further details, go to Ancient Answers to Erectile Dysfunction.
What Are the Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction ED?
Dated back some 2000+ years, humans have searched the so-called natural remedies, which are usually dubbed as aphrodisiacs. Among them, the following 5 herbs are most commonly mentioned and used. They are:
- Panax ginseng, the root of a Chinese and Korean herb, possibly boost stamina, well-being, penile rigidity, sexual desire…
- Maca, from the root vegetable from Peru, possibly improve sexual performance….
- Yohimbine, from a Western African tree bark, possibly help improve the function of penile nerves and blood vessels, boost sexual desire, and prolong erection…
- Ginkgo biloba, from a Chinese tree, possibly improve blood supply, erection…
- Mondia whitei root from an African plant, possibly helps sexual desire, testosterone level, erection…
In addition to the above FIVEs, some other herbs have been reported in treating ED; they are:
- horny goat weed, or epimedium
- musli, or Chlorophytum borivilianum
- saffron, or Crocus sativus
- Tribulus terrestris
On top of the above mentioned ingredients, some companies may formulate supplementary pills to include multiple vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, E, and K), minerals (iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese,calcium, even iron), anti-oxidants (alpha-lipoic acid, Lutemax 2020 lutein, Lycopene, turmeric root extract, zeaxanthin, astaxanthin, beta-cryptoxanthin), niacin, pentothenic acid, folic acid, biotin, etc.
Besides, some companies add gingko biloba lead powder, bacopa monnieri leaf extract, phosphatidyl serine, choline, Inositol, and grape seed extract so to specifically tout a boost to brain function, or add saw palmetto berries extract, nettle leaf powder, pumpkin seed powder, L-arginine, silica, boron, resveratrol, and vanadium so to specifically promote prostate health, or add antioxidants like alpha-lipoic acid, Lutemax 2020 lutein, Lycopene, turmeric root extract, zeaxanthin, astaxanthin, beta-cryptoxanthin so to tout a boost of anti-aging effects.
All these additions to the pills are intended to cover almost all potential nutrient deficiencies we can imagine as well as to act like a cure-all or healing-all remedies. How all these supplement would do for us? In general, those people taking food supplements tend to be more health-conscious, resulting in more practicing healthy lifestyle with less overindulgence and obsession. Furthermore, any pills may have their inherent so-called placebo effect. All in all, the supplementary pills and lifestyle may contribute to the overall functional improvement leading to their swearing-by about how good the supplements could be.
With some murky supports to using supplements to date, what should we do in dealing with if we should take food supplements? In my view, it is reasonable to take them in moderation in conjunction with practicing healthy lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession.
The Common Features of These Herbs-related Supplements and Pills
- None of these are approved by FDA (The Foods and Drug Administration).
- Not well studied for human use, with most information on their potential merits usually extrapolated from animal studies, then exaggerated their effects.
- Possibly contaminated especially those from other countries, where the manufactured standard is not as high as that in the US, which is still not perfect with frauds at time life.
- Often mixed with multiple vitamins, minerals, and others with nutritional effects, though these products are usually formulated according to individual companies’ contention and belief so to better their marketing.
- Possibly add L-arginine, which is an amino acid and known to enhance NO (nitric oxide) formation so to dilate blood vessels leading to help penile erection. More? Go to its details.
How to Use Natural Herbal Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Talk with your doctors first if possible,
- watch for potential risks and side effects, like watching for high blood pressure at taking Yohimbine and for the interaction of ginkgo biloba with blood thinners…
- Use it as recommended by the companies and do not overuse, but still with caution especially at the beginning,
- If noticing something wrong after taking any new pills or drugs, report to and ask the prescribing doctors.
Who May See Some Good Results from Taking These Supplements or Pills?
- At the early phase of erectile dysfunction, as explained in the Introduction.
- With no clinical illness in general circulation and nervous system to the penis.
- Willing to seriously take on high-quality healthy lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession including no alcohol, tobacco, obesity/overweight,
Is there a proper position to use natural remedies for erectile dysfunction (ED)? Yes, as described in the last two sections –
How to Use Natural Herbal Remedies? and Who May See Some Good Effectiveness from Taking These Supplements or Pills?.
Let’s Hear From You
- After reading this article, please leave a positive comment if you feel its contents is useful to help you take the most reasonable options of care for your erectile dysfunction.
- As well, please share the information on your social media profiles with your family and friends you care and love.
- And do not forget to sign up for the FREE monthly eNewsLetter authored by Dr. Lin to help maintain good health with energy and ability as good as possible for a long active vibrant life ahead of you.
- Of course, if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach me at 734-846-2699 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, if needing more help/support? You may set up a private personal counseling so to decide what would be most reasonable for you. Doing so will ease your unnecessary anxiety and fear. Don’t you like that? I am ready for you.
- Now I wish you the best to get the most reasonable care for erectile dysfunction and other matters of life as described in Perfect Sex... and What is Life?…
James Chin-Ti Lin, M.D.