Few Surest Tips to Choose Food Supplements
Few Surest Tips to Choose Food Supplements
Why would people, you included, acquire food supplements? Clearly, you thought and assumed your body does not have enough supply of the needed nutrients. And you want to fill in that insufficiency so to keep yourself at the highest odd to live a healthy, long, and happy life, that is, to look nicer, feel better, and live longer.
To fulfill this wish not just begets in a lot of buyers of wellness and health products, but also brings in a great economic impact to food supplement industries. In 2009, supplying dietary food supplement for the Americans have generated a business of 27 billion business; in 2016, its sum climbed to 122 billion. This growing trend will surely continue.
Despite this fanatic pursuit for a healthy, long, happy life, the Americans did not score well in longevity, which was ranked at # 31 in the world among 183 countries/territories according to the World Health Organization (WHO) report in 2015, and at #43 in the world among 201 countries/territories according to the United Nations (UN) report in 2015. Does this statistics surprise you, especially the Americans.
So, you owe yourself a big work to see and find what you can do better in purchasing and consuming dietary food supplements.
That is why I write this post on food supplements to share.
Through reading it, you will gain more insights on:
- Why do you need food supplement?
- What kinds of food supplements do you need?
- when do you need to add food supplement?
- How to choose food supplement?
- How to use food supplements?
- How to assess the effectiveness from using food supplements?
Thereby, you can move your longevity rank to a much higher ground by fulfilling the ultimate goals of life – to look nicer, feel better, and live longer.
First off, let us talk about:
Why Do You Need Food Supplements?
Not everyone needs food supplement; in fact, most of us do not.
Fortunately, most people are blessed and borne to have an adequate working ability in their stomach and intestines as well as their heart and blood vessels to assimilate, absorb, and distribute all the needed nutrients so to nourish all the tissues and organs, as long as they take the foods in a wide variation and in moderation. But, some may fall victims to overindulgence and obsession in food selection and lifestyle preference, which disturb the process of their harmonized body automation. As a result, nutritional deficiency may happen to some nutrients like low iron, iodine, copper, etc.
As we age, the above body automation for nutritional absorption and distribution will gradually impair but with a wide range of pace among the people reflecting their genetic strength and overall long-term lifestyle – but still for everyone.
On top of these, the bowel ability to absorb the needed nutrients may be inevitably impaired at variable pace and degree by a host of diseases and surgery:
- Examples of bowel diseases: irritable bowel disorder or syndrome (IBD or IBS), small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), adverse effects of antibiotic overuse, etc.
- Examples of surgeries: bypass between stomach and intestines for weight control, bowel removal for cancer or dead bowels, bowel excision and reconstruction for urinary or fecal diversion for specific medical conditions, etc.
Besides, food incompatibility with bowel may induce constant diarrhea leading to malnutrition and slow growth; milk intolerance from inborn lactose deficiency is a common example. Luckily, this condition would be corrected by using non-lactose dairy products or taking lactose pills for mild cases or simply stop taking all dairy products.
In sum, the reasons for why you may need dietary food supplements could be:
- Lifestyles to unbalanced eating habits,
- Aging-related poor absorption,
- Bowel inflammatory diseases,
- Bowel resection (removal),
- Bowel bypass or reconstruction, and
- Food intolerance.
What are the Common Ingredients of Food Supplements?
- Main components could be proteins/amino acids, selected fats, and hypoglycemic carbohydrates for dietary balances to suit various clinical needs like weight control, body building, diabetic control, or cardiovascular health.
- Multiple vitamins: biotin, folate/folic acid, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, thiamine (B1), vitamins – A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K.
- Minerals: chloride, calcium, fluoride, iodine, iron, manganese, magnesium, molybdenum, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc.
- Herbs of variable kinds and doses for various reasons notably for overall vitality and virility.
How to select food supplements?
The study and evaluation on the effects, benefits, side effects of food supplements have been not as rigorous and stringent as the prescribed medication by the FDA (Foods and Drugs Administration) of the US. Most of the effects are based on some suggestions from animal studies and some anecdada with much limited human studies.
Hence, a high standard of business ethics plays a key role in producing accountable quality products of food supplements stressing: purity, no contamination, quality manufacturing process, adequate quantity, etc. So, it is reasonable to consider the following:
- Having a long respectful reputation of the Company,
- Having proper kinds and amount of the ingredients as stated and designed,
- Being palatable to take and could be properly absorbed,
- Fairly priced for affordability.
Precautions Along the Use of Food Supplements
- Never discount the importance of practicing quality healthy lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession as the very core foundation of all medical care disregarding who, when, what, and how you are.
- Take food supplements regularly at their recommended dose and on their advised schedule.
- Do blood tests before and 2 months after taking them – particularly for certain vitamin deficiency like that from vitamin-D, vitamin-B12, folic acid, iron, iodine, etc. as needed.
- Watch and compare the potential difference in overall functionality before and 3 months after starting the use of food supplements.
- Review the above with your doctors and decide if there is a need to modify the regimen of care.
Taking food supplements in the right way at the right time could make a great difference to fulfill the dream to live a healthy, long, and happy life, especially under the guidance of the above surest tips to choose food supplements.
Let’s Hear From You
- After reading this article, please leave a positive comment if you feel its contents is useful to help you take the most reasonable options of care for your erectile dysfunction.
- As well, please share the information on your social media profiles with your family and friends you care and love.
- And do not forget to sign up for the FREE monthly eNewsLetter authored by Dr. Lin to help maintain good health with energy and ability as good as possible for a long active vibrant life ahead of you.
- Of course, if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach me at 734-846-2699 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, if needing more help/support? You may set up a private personal counselingso to decide what would be most reasonable for you. Doing so will ease your unnecessary anxiety and fear. Don’t you like that? I am ready for you.
- Now I wish you the best to get the most reasonable care for erectile dysfunction and other matters of life as described in Perfect Sex... and What is Life?…
James Chin-Ti Lin, M.D.