Hi! dear life enthusiasts, family members, and friends.
No matter what we may have done, certain sickness may strike some of us. This may occur at various degree of severity at a certain point along our life path. When you feel and become sick, what should you do? No matter whatever the sickness may be, you have to determine to win such an invisible war for life.
So, What Should You Do When You Feel and Become Sick? or How to Handle Sickness?
You can make the process on how to take care of your sickness simple, straightforward, and easy by following the steps below:
- Complete History Taking: At the strike of illness, instantly and carefully, collect and bring the detailed information on the onset. On the degree, duration, interval, progress, evolution, and resolution of all the related symptoms. But stress the sequence of events to the doctor for review and analysis.
- Perform Physical Examination: At the doctor office, s/he will perform a thorough systemic physical examination. This is to assure the state of your general health. And the possible significant finding directly related to your symptoms. The doctor will then review the info you brought with you and further inquiry to confirm all your symptoms are accurate.
- Other Laboratory Tests and/or Imaging Studies as needed:
Laboratory testing may include:
- Blood – for general health with electrolytes, blood sugar, complete blood counts. Or for targeting specific organs/systems. Like liver function tests, kidney function tests, blood lipid profile, drug screening, STD screening, etc. to fit individual need.
- Urine – a general routine urinalysis (UA) with chemstrip alone with/without microscopic examination and/or urine culture. Occasionally, a 24-hour urine testing may be required like that for patients with the recurrent urinary stone disease. Also for those suspected to have adrenal dysfunction or suspected kidney failure, etc.
- Imaging Studies: Its options are ultrasound studies (ultrasonography), computerized tomography (CT scan); MRI; PET scan. Also angiography for vessels, heart, kidneys, or specific organs.
- Others like voiding chart, urodynamic studies for bladder function, etc. By combining all the above together, your doctor will more likely be able to deduce the accurate possible diagnoses. And offer the best possible reasonable treatment, care, and counseling for you to ease current suffering. And speed up recovery as well as minimize and even avoid recurrence. Then you get the best possible hope to live a longer, happier life.
You may also like: Understanding When and How to Receive Urgent Care
How has this approach worked?
Dr. Lin’s 47-years experience in medical practice has confirmed this approach to be practical and effective on its best possible merits and capacity for all his patients or anyone following his advice. That is all anyone can do in life-reality.
It allows your doctor to analyze the available information on the quality, quantity, and sequence of events of all symptoms in detail. Then s/he will know which organs or systems may be the focus of suspicion. And to objectively define and confirm the best possible diagnosis with physical examinations and timely testing. So the most reasonable treatment, care, and counseling can be provided for you.
Although you would expect and like to see an improvement in symptoms and general well-being. Most of the time, it may not always be in the way and direction you like.
Occasionally, the expected improvement may not be as fast and much as you may expect. And the course of the sickness may instead worsen in attesting:
- In medicine, doctors have never cured anything for anyone. But, at most and at best, just help the patients to understand and modify something for some conditions. To some degree with or without drugs and/or procedures at reasonable time in a reasonable way to reasonable patients;
- Behind what we know always hides something we may still not know. This is a reality of life.
- Life is a constantly changing. Adjusting to the dynamic process of struggle to cope with reality, certainty, and uncertainty of daily living. For survival, growth, and continuation from inception and eternity.
- In spite of medical advances, all medical care is still based on indirect evidence. Evidence resulting from collecting and analyzing all available experience.
Therefore, it is mandatory to work closely with your doctor. By reporting what may be unexpected in the clinical course or side effects from treatment on time. So your doctor can reassess your condition and modify the direction of care for you.
I hope the above information will guide you to get the best possible medical care you deserve.
More Instant Useful Insights for Effective Living
Besides the above, I have refined and crystallized some useful ideas and insights about life, health, and diseases. For you to review right away to gain an instant benefit and help, in the following links:
Don’t panic, but faithfully practice high-quality healthy lifestyle. A lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession. This is the core foundation of all health/medical care irrespective of who, when, what, and how you are.
Finally, we would like you to
- Leave positive comments so to help others if you like what you read.
- Share this article and other health-related articles on this site with your family and friends on social media.
- Sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter for Healthy living by Dr. Lin. So to keep abreast of what you need to do to fulfill your desire to look nicer/younger, feel better, and live longer.