my Wellness Newsletter-5, on Life Goes On, April Fool’s Day, and Spring Allergies
my Wellness Newsletter-5, on Life Goes on, April Fool’s Day, and Spring Allergies
A March to A Happy, Long, Happy Life for All
- Life Goes On,
- April Fool’s Day,
- Spring Allergies.
Hi! My dear friends and readers,
In history, the flow of life, either personal or social, goes on incessantly. Today, April 1, 2018, we are going to discuss some pertinent past events and some ongoing concerns.
So, we are going to focus on Life Goes On, April Fool’s Day, and Spring Allergies in the FREE eWellness Newsletter-5.
On Life Goes on
In the recordable past, totally, 87 searchable events from 0527 to 2010 could be found through Googling and had brought in some significant changes in a vast manner affecting the people in certain parts of the world at the time.
Let us sample 10 out of 87 events as the significant examples:
- 0527 – Justinianus became the emperor of Byzantium.
- 1621 – The Plymouth, MA, colonists created and signed the first treaty with Native Americans.
- 1793 – The volcano Unsen in Japan erupted and killed about 53,000.
- 1867 – Paris held The International Exhibition.
- 1891 – The William Wrigley Jr. Company, well-known for its Juicy Fruit gum was founded in Chicago, IL.
- 1905 – The telephone lines between Paris and Berlin were opened.
- 1933 – Nazi Germany started the persecution of Jews by boycotting Jewish businesses.
- 1939 – The U.S. recognized the Franco government in Spain at end of Spanish civil war, which subsequently killed a high number of its own people under political brutality – genocide.
- 1945 – The U.S. forces invaded Okinawa during World War II – as the last campaign of World War II.
- 2004 – The U.S. President George W. Bush signed the Unborn Victims of Violence Act to make the acts of harming a fetus during an assault on a pregnant woman as a crime.
At personal level, life goes on to witness: Life is a changing, adjusting dynamic process of constant struggles to cope with reality, certainty, and uncertainty of daily living for survival, growth, and continuation from inception to eternity.
On April Fool’s Day
The origin of April Fool’s Day could be traced back in 1392 as in Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales. Since, its meaning and contents for commemorating this date has evolved and changed to signify and denote the nuance of various cultures over various location.
The events to play practical jokes and spread hoaxes at personal and social levels comprise its intriguing contents. In a sense, such activities may result in embarrassment, inconvenience, and even chaos to the affected parties. To end such pranks with jokes and hoaxes, the people around the affected would say or shout “April fool” at the unfortunate victims.
Similar events could take place for social effects by playing practical jokes and spreading hoaxes in newspapers, magazines, and all forms of social media with fake stories. In one or two days, the truth of such jokes and hoaxes is revealed to calm and cool down the social disturbances.
In principle, the pranks should bring “no harm” to their victims. However, this line of understanding and respect could be easily broken resulting in some horrible unacceptable personal and social consequences. Its worst form of damaging effects could reach claiming people’s health and life like domestic terrorism.
So, how to define the value and significance of April Fool’s Day will undergo its needed evolution to meet contemporary demand for public safety and well-being so not to victimize the innocent folks for the fun of pranksters.
Though popular since the 19th century, the day is not a public holiday in any country.
Aside from April Fools’ Day, the custom of setting aside a day for the playing of harmless pranks upon one’s neighbor has historically been relatively common in the world. This phenomenon confirms the cultural similarity of different cultures.
In sum, anything we do in life is to fulfill the sense of need by filling up the vacuum of spiritual and physical values at the time in the location under the circumstances. This happens at any levels or walks of life. Thereby the presure of personal or social atmosphere could be ventilated to hopefully harmonize personal and social peace and mind.
So, let us celebrate our individual share of fun or something unknown to some on this April Fool’s Day. And, after this celebration, let us be ready to move on our serious and highly demanded journey of life to live a healthy, long, happy life.
On Spring Allergies
Time quietly and easily flees by, and we arrive at the seasonal station of Spring time.
The arrival of April Fool’s Day has signaled its impacts not just on personal and social life as briefed in the above sections in eWellness Newsletter-5, but also on our March to Live a Healthy, Long, and Happy Life as the common dream goal of life.
To fulfill this dream, we have to constantly struggle and fight against all sorts of undesirable invasions from many environmental factors like invisible bacteria, fungi, viral particles, and some seasonable floated particles such as pollen, pet dander, house dust, or even daily personal accessories we use like air freshener, perfumes, etc.
To fight against and win these invisible personal warfares, we rely on the two lines of defense, which are:
- visible external natural barriers: They include external linings of skin, airways, gastrointestinal tracts, and genitourinary tract.
- invisible internal humoral immunity: Its strength is related to the combined interacting effects of genetic factors and overall health resulting from lifestyles.
The Invisible Personal Warfares could be categorized into two as follows:
- Long-term Warfare of Health: That is what we have to do and maintain as just described in quality healthy lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession.
- Seasonal Warfare of Health: This warfare is against those particularly happening in Spring season and notably the allergy from air-borne particles of pollen, resulting in so-called hay fever.
What is allergy? It is our body over-reaction to the outside particles, which happens to some 20% of the U.S. population. As a result, the overproduction of histamines can induce local vessel dilation and alter the permeability between different cells of the affected tissues. Consequently, these allergic effects may manifest with slowly developing local symptoms like itch, swelling as hive or urticaria, or with fast acute systemic effect to airways and vessels leading to sudden short of breath, collapse from low blood pressure.
If you suspect some allergy may come to you, follow the instructions on What and How Should We Do at Feeling Sick?.
For the care of allergy, the options chosen chiefly reflect the degree of symptoms so to easy the related discomfort or even to prevent the death from the rare worst scenario. Their steps could be:
- avoid current or future exposure to known allergens.
- be checked and confirmed with skin or blood testing for firm diagnosis, and counseled for better prevention and precaution.
- may use topical or systemic use of anti-histamines with/without steroids as deemed necessary as judged by the doctors.
- very occasionally, emergent measures may be undertaken to secure airway and restore and maintain blood pressure.
In short, the doctors will apply all the applicable options of full spectrum from easing and soothing local discomforts to saving life.
Life goes on without a mercy to wait anyone to come along. We all have to march on the life path with a doable high hope to live a healthy, long, and happy life. Despite having all sorts of methods to take care of almost all life events effectively, please never ignore and discount the Magic Power of Healthy Lifestyle as the core foundation of all health/medical care disregarding when, what, where, who, and how we are.
Let’s Hear From You
Thank you for taking time and effort to finish this eWellness Newsletter-5. I hope you found its content be useful to you and others you care and love. If so, please:
- leave comments/suggestions so to benefit me and others.do not forget to sign up for the FREE month
- do not forget sign up for the FREE eWellness Newsletter.
- for exploring more in life reality, go to What is Life?...
James Chin-Ti Lin, M.D., Certified urologist, award-winning author, and founder of www.ForMeFirst.com